Gantry Level Correction
We offer products, solutions, and services across the entire energy value chain. We support our customers on their way to a more sustainable future.
Our state-of-the-art EOT cranes are designed and manufactured to meet the highest standards of quality, safety, and efficiency for all your material handling needs.
Gantry Level Correction Service: Achieving Precise and Accurate Machining
Gantry level correction is a critical process that ensures precise and accurate machining. Gantry-based CNC machines are widely used in manufacturing industries for their high precision and efficiency. However, like any other machine, gantry-based CNC machines require regular maintenance to ensure optimal performance.
One of the essential maintenance procedures for gantry-based CNC machines is gantry level correction. Gantry level correction involves adjusting the gantry’s height to ensure that it is perfectly parallel to the machine’s work surface. This adjustment is critical because any misalignment between the gantry and the work surface can result in inaccuracies during machining.
Benefits of Gantry Level Correction
Gantry level correction offers several benefits, including:
- Improved Precision: A properly aligned gantry ensures that the machine’s cutting tool moves along the intended path, resulting in precise and accurate machining.
- Increased Efficiency: Accurate machining reduces the need for rework, which saves time and increases efficiency.
- Extended Machine Life: Regular gantry level correction helps to prevent wear and tear on machine parts, which extends the machine’s lifespan.
How Gantry Level Correction Works?
Gantry level correction is a straightforward process that involves a few steps:
- Preparation: Before starting the gantry level correction process, the machine should be turned off and unplugged to ensure safety. The work surface should be cleaned to remove any debris that may interfere with the gantry’s adjustment.
- Initial Measurements: The gantry’s height is measured at several points along its length using a precision level.
- Adjustment: The gantry’s height is adjusted by loosening the bolts that hold it in place and shimming it up or down as necessary.
- Final Measurements: Once the adjustment is made, the gantry’s height is re-measured to ensure that it is parallel to the work surface.
- Testing: After the gantry level correction is complete, the machine should be tested to ensure that it is running correctly and producing accurate results.